WAC On-Campus Intern Program
• Bi-Monthly meetings to go over work
• Cover every sport at least once
• Asking for 8-10 hours a week min
• Two feature stories over the course of the internship
• Highlights from non-televised
This position will be responsible for being the eyes and ears of their respective university for the WAC Digital Network by coordinating content creation, creating highlight video packages, editing, writing video packages, serving as a videographer and on-campus reporter. Students will have the opportunity to be apart of WAC All-Access, where they showcase their work. This position will assist the WAC Digital Network with video and social media content. An opportunity exists for the intern to provide on-site support at select WAC championships that are hosted in local markets of the institution.
Desired Qualifications include:
• A current student at a WAC member institution (Juniors and Seniors Preferred)
• Students working towards a degree in broadcasting, communications, journalism, or a related field is preferred
• Strong working knowledge of, and demonstrated interest in, intercollegiate athletics and branding the WAC
• Demonstrated practical experience in multi-media productions, including video production and on-air experience
• Must be able to work independently to efficiently meet established goals and deadlines
• Proficient with Final Cut Pro, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite Applications, and ENG cameras
• Can access campus video and camera resources
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects in a detailed manner
This will serve as a credit-only internship and open to current WAC students only. This internship will prepare the candidate with valuable knowledge and skills for future employment in the sports business industry .
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter, resume, examples of on-air broadcasts, video editing and shooting, along with contact information for three references in the form of an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is Wednesday, December 12th.
The WAC is an NCAA Division I conference located in the southern metro Denver area. The member institutions are California Baptist University, California State University, Bakersfield, Chicago State University, Grand Canyon University, University of Missouri-Kansas City, New Mexico State University, Seattle University, The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, and Utah Valley University. The WAC crowns team and individual champions in 19 sports – nine men’s and 10 women’s. For more information on the Western Athletic Conference visit www.wacsports.com