Multimedia & Event Coordinator
The Western Athletic Conference is accepting applications for the position of Multimedia & Event Coordinator. The WAC is a Division I conference located in the southern metro Denver area. The member institutions are California Baptist University, California State University, Bakersfield, Chicago State University, Grand Canyon University, University of Missouri-Kansas City, New Mexico State University, Seattle University, The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, and Utah Valley University. Dixie State University (UT) will join the WAC effective July 1, 2020. The WAC crowns team and individual champions in 19 sports – nine men’s and 10 women’s.
The Multimedia & Event Coordinator is primarily responsible for the Conference’s social media initiatives, including research and implementation of new opportunities. This position will also support the championships and media relations departments, as well as the WAC Digital Network. Weekend and evening work including out of town travel is involved.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Experience and knowledge in developing and executing an effective social media plan required
• Experience in event management required
• Graphic design ability, creative personality and a team-oriented philosophy required
• Must be able to work independently and in a team setting to efficiently meet established goals and deadlines
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Apple/Mac applications
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects and events
• Previous experience in a college athletics department preferred
Salary range is $35,000-$40,000 commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
The Western Athletic Conference is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified ethnic minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested parties should forward a cover letter, resume and contact information for three to five references in the form of an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26, 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.