WAC On-Campus Intern Program
Open to current WAC students at member institutions only
The Western Athletic Conference is accepting applications for the position of WAC On-Campus Intern. This position is open to current students at WAC member institutions who are eligible to receive academic credit by completing a satisfactory internship program. The length of the internship is intended to be August – December 2018.
This position will be responsible for being the eyes and ears of their respective university for the WAC Digital Network by coordinating content creation, creating highlight video packages, editing, writing video packages and serving as a videographer and on-campus reporter. Students will have the opportunity to be a part of WAC All-Access, where they will showcase their work. This position will assist the WAC Digital Network with video and social media content. An opportunity exists for the intern to provide on-site support at select WAC championships that are hosted in local markets of the institution.
Desired Qualifications Include:
• A current student at a WAC member institution (juniors and seniors preferred)
• Students working towards a degree in broadcasting, communications, journalism, or a related field are preferred
• Strong working knowledge of, and demonstrated interest in, intercollegiate athletics and branding the WAC
• Demonstrated practical experience in multi-media productions, including video production and on-air experience
• Must be able to work independently to efficiently meet established goals and deadlines
• Proficient with Final Cut Pro, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite applications and ENG cameras
• Can access campus video and camera resources
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects in a detailed manner
This will serve as a credit-only internship and open to current WAC students only. This internship will prepare the candidate with valuable knowledge and skills for future employment in the sports business industry.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter, resume, examples of on-air broadcasts, video editing and shooting, along with contact information for three references in the form of an email attachment to [email protected]. The deadline for submission is Friday, July 27th.
The WAC is an NCAA Division I conference located in the southern metro Denver area. The member institutions are California Baptist University, California State University, Bakersfield, Chicago State University, Grand Canyon University, University of Missouri-Kansas City, New Mexico State University, Seattle University, The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley and Utah Valley University. The WAC crowns team and individual champions in 19 sports – nine men’s and 10 women’s. For more information on the Western Athletic Conference visit www.wacsports.com.