Director of Sales and Fulfillment – WAC Sports Properties
The Western Athletic Conference (WAC), in unique partnership with Rockbridge Sports Group, is seeking a Director of Sales and Fulfillment for WAC Sports Properties. The candidate must be driven and coachable to execute the Rockbridge Sports revenue model and to understand the distinctive relationship with the WAC, which is poised to become the new standard in collegiate multi-media rights management landscape.
Successful candidate will report to the VP, Sales at Rockbridge Sports, will work out of the WAC offices in Denver, Colorado, and be motivated to:
- Prospect, meet and close a significant number of new corporate sponsorship deals
- Generate incremental sponsorship revenue to meet and exceed individual and team goals
- Uphold and support by example a culture of hard work and creativity, always building team belief in the revenue goal
- Support the VP, Sales at Rockbridge Sports to identify and close corporate sponsorship deals in addition to managing assigned contracts
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of WAC Sports Properties and the WAC as well as be a liaison with the member institution marketing departments and corporate sponsorship executives
- Work with the Executive Producer, WAC Digital Network to create new assets and aid in the promotion of the network
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a sales plan to meet and/or exceed annual revenue goals.
- Identify potential sponsors for WAC Sports Properties through networking with WAC stakeholders and business partners, researching local, regional and national companies, and selling them marketing platforms that incorporate sponsorship inventory including, signage, the digital assets, print, promotion, community involvement, business development and hospitality.
- Prepare all WAC Sports Properties client review presentations for VP, Sales at Rockbridge Sports.
- Entertain and cultivate sponsors in various settings.
- Manage administrative tasks related to contract processing and day-to-day office operations.
- Assist with tasks necessary to ensure the overall success of WAC Sports Properties.
- Obtain and manage all necessary proof of performance records.
- Assist in fulfilling benefits per corporate partner agreement and developing relationship between partners and WAC Sports Properties.
- Develop compelling sales presentations for new marketing partners by incorporating research, category dynamics and a clear understanding of partner’s marketing goals.
- Be available for WAC events and meetings.
- Be available to travel for client presentations.
- Prepare end-of-year recaps for sponsors.
- Represent WAC Sports Properties and the WAC in a professional manner.
- BA or BS degree required.
- Sales record with integrated and “conceptual” sales in the sports multi-media environment preferred.
- Ability to generate and present ideas/concepts succinctly and provide creative solutions to prospects/clients.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends around sporting events.
- Outstanding communication skills are essential for interactions with clients, operational leaders and other senior executives.
- Demonstrated professional sales presentation skills.
About the WAC:
After completing its 52nd year of intercollegiate competition, the WAC continues to evolve and feature some of the nation’s best programs. One thing that remains unchanged is the persistent nature of the schools in the WAC to advance their programs to contend at the top levels of the NCAA. Presently, the WAC crowns team and individual champions in 19 sports – nine men’s and 10 women’s. For the men, there are championships in baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, swimming and diving, tennis, indoor track and field, and outdoor track and field. Championships for women are held in basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, swimming and diving, tennis, indoor track and field, outdoor track and field and volleyball.
Rockbridge Sports Group Background:
Founded in 2011 by Rich Klein and David Johnston and headquartered in Charlottesville, Virginia, Rockbridge Sports Group represents an expanding and diverse group of dynamic sports properties. Their roster of sports marketing professionals continues to grow, anchoring Rockbridge Sports Group across the country. Every member of the team embodies three principles that guide the work, and their lives, every day: intense preparation, passionate execution and servant leadership.
To apply, please send your resume and contact information to Rich Klein at firstname.lastname@example.org.